Updated November 2022
Guidelines related to camp participation and COVID-19:
- All staff that are eligible to be vaccinated must provide proof of up-to-date COVID-19 vaccination prior to the start of the Camp Season.
- Campers are strongly recommended but not required to be up-to-date on their COVID-19 vaccination.
- All visitors must complete the online screening prior to entering camp.
- Other health and safety policies and procedures will include COVID-19 screenings and increased cleaning and disinfecting of all camp facilities.
- To align with current guidelines, mask wearing will now be optional.
- Proper isolation protocol will be followed for positive cases of COVID-19 (see guidelines here)
- In the event of a government-mandated shutdown of camp operations, a 100% refund (penalty-free) will be available.
All of our COVID-19 Policies and Procedures will adhere to the York Region Public Health and the Ontario Camps Association guidelines to ensure the health and safety of our Katonim community. These polices are subject to change based on latest guidance from YRPH and the OCA.
Update from the OCA regarding the Ontario Ministry of Health document:
“The Reopening Ontario Act will no longer be in effect as of March 21st, 2022. As a result, the Ministry of Health guidance document entitled the COVID-19 Safety Guidelines for Camps will no longer be a requirement.”
We will continue to update this page as these above mentioned guidelines evolve.