Code of Conduct and Policies
Camp Katonim Camper Code of Conduct
As a camper at Camp Katonim, I agree that I will:
- Always try to do my best and be a good sport at all times
- Be kind and respectful to everyone at camp (campers and staff)
- Be responsible for my own actions and have fun in ways that are safe to others and myself
- Not use profanity, make profane gestures or say unkind words
- Not tease, taunt, gossip, engage in exclusionary behaviour, bully or intimidate others in any way
- Keep my hands to myself: I will not push, hit or inappropriately touch another person
- Follow the camp waterfront rules and the rules for each activity
- Stay with my group or in my designated play area at all times
- Tell camp staff when I need help
- Respect other people’s property and the camp’s property, including buildings, equipment, and outside areas
- Not bring to camp any electronic devices or any object that would be harmful to others
Daily Attendance Policy
- All campers must be screened daily according to Katonim’s supplied screening tool before departing home for camp. All campers will be screened upon arrival at camp. Please refer to our Covid-19 Screening Policy for details.
- Applications takes place via our online application system. Verbal applications are not accepted.
- Deposits must be received by December 13, 2021 in order to receive Early Bird Pricing.
- Early Bird applications are completed only once the Camp is in receipt of the required deposited. A notification email will be sent to each family confirming their completed application.
- Parent or guardian acknowledges receipt of the current fee schedule that accompanied the enrollment application form and agrees to make all payments required in accordance with the fee schedule.
- Fees apply based on weeks being requested for at that time. Additional and/or prior discounts cannot be applied when adding subsequent additional weeks. Only one discount and/or special rate may be applied at any time. Discounts cannot be combined (this excludes multi-week discounts).
- Children are not allowed to attend camp until the completed application form, signed medical form and outstanding camp fees have been received. More specifically, it is the responsibility of the parent to ensure that the camper’s medical form is filled out in full and submitted by June 20, 2022.
- Parents and/or Camp Katonim have the right to cancel this application, subject to the terms of the Cancellation and Refund Policy.
- In the event of an emergency and/or special medical treatment, parents will be notified immediately. If the parents cannot be reached, the parent/guardian hereby grants permission to Camp Katonim to take whatever steps it deems necessary to ensure the safety and health of the camper.
- Every step is taken to ensure the safety and health of each camper. However, in the event of sickness or accident, the camp cannot accept liability.
- Parent or guardian will allow their camper to participate in all camp activities unless the camp is advised otherwise in writing.
- Although every effort is made to return lost or misplaced articles, the camp cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen property.
Cancellation and Refund Policy
- There is a $150.00 non-refundable processing fee per application for any cancellation.
- Cancellations must be received in writing prior to June 1, 2022 to qualify for a refund.
- There are no refunds after June 1, 2022 without medical documentation.
- Refunds, if applicable, will be issued after September 30, 2022. Pro-rated refunds and/or make up days are NOT available for days absent or as a result of services not being fully utilized.
- Camp fees are non-transferable. However, transfers of an individual camper from one camp session to another will be permitted free of charge if written notice is received by June 1, 2022 (subject to availability).
- After June 1, 2022, a $50.00 administration fee will be charged for each transfer.
- All transfers must be made within the 2022 summer season.
- In the event of a government-mandated shutdown of camp operations, a 100% refund (penalty-free) will be available.